The new Advanced Film Certification from the Center for Advanced Film Manufacturing is your direct pipeline into a well-established field with robust growth opportunities and worldwide reach.
What is Advanced Film?
Advanced Film is an overarching term for any sort of residential, commercial or industrial film applied to materials, primarily windows. “Film” may include tints, laminates, coatings, composites and more. Their primary function is to provide an added benefit, such as glare reduction, simple aesthetics or even safety and privacy. Recent advances have also included products providing photovoltaic benefits, as well as precision coating, laminating and industrial dyeing.
Advanced Film includes:
- Automotive Car window tinting provides aesthetics, increased privacy and glare and solar reduction
- Housing Solar control window films applied to sun-facing windows help homeowners reduce cooling costs
- Commercial Advertising bus wraps provide eye-catching graphics to help businesses market their products
- Security Industrial-grade coatings provide privacy, but also protection from smash-and-grab attacks
- Photovoltaic Solar frontsheets and backsheets are examples of the innovations being developed in this exciting and evolving field
Graduates of the Advanced Film Manufacturing Certification Course may apply their coursework toward an Associate’s Degree in General Engineering or be considered for exciting career opportunities in advanced manufacturing jobs with above average pay.
The Advanced Film industry offers competitive salary and benefits packages. Additionally, many firms provide employees with career growth opportunities, a commitment to work-life balance and a diverse workplace.
Eastman, in particular, provides a total compensation and benefits package determined to attract, retain, reward, and engage world-class employees. They have been recognized by the Ethisphere® Institute as one of the 2017 World’s Most Ethical Companies® and are a recipient of a 2017 Energy Star® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award. Eastman was also rated #11 in best places to work in the United States by the Glassdoor.com Employee Choice Award for 2016. For more information about Eastman, visit the “About Eastman” site located at http://www.eastman.com/[…]